A short History

The club dates back to 1928 and was dormant from 1959 to when it was reformed in 1983 at the instigation of Bradwell Parish Council. The first building was an ex-holiday camp wooden chalet in 1986.

In 1997 the famous sloping green was dug up and with funds from the Parish Council, a lottery grant and the club a new green was laid to EBA standard.

The wooden buildings were replaced with the present Golden Jubilee Pavilion which was opened on 13th June 2002 to mark the Golden Jubilee of the Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

The annexe to the club which provides changing rooms and disabled toilet facilities was opened in August 2011 with funding from the Bradwell Parish Council and Bowls England with the balance coming from the club's own funds and members.